Here is the evidence that we've been away from society for too long. mY only excuse being that when you haven't been more than a mile away from your bed for 6 months, you have to do something to liven things up.
Welcome to my world: It's Saturday night and you're dressed up ready for a night out on the town. Where shall we go, you wonder briefly, then you remember there is only one pub at Halley, the same pub you've been to every Saturday for the last nine months.
Last weekend and in honour of Ant's 30th birthday we took a tour of the finest venues the Brunt Ice Shelf has to offer.
- Satellite Dome,
- Melt tank shaft,
- CASLab (atmospheric chemistry lab turned music venue),
- Simpson platform (meterology and ozone lab turned Biker bar),
- Weather haven tent (turned techno disco)
- Piggott platform (upper atmospheric science lab turned chillout lounge)
- The grand finale: a secret ice cave.