Tuesday, August 20, 2013


Day 3 at the BBC - ferret rescue

Things got a lot more hands on for me today, which was a welcome change indeed! I was assigned to work with the mid morning show producers and after a quick brainstorm of topics (they seemed incredibly relaxed considering the show was starting in less than 90 mins), they set me off researching topics and lining up callers. I spoke to a lifeboat man who had been involved in slightly unusual rescue – saving two ferrets stranded on rocks by the tide. Once I’d lined him up as a caller for the show, it was up to me to write a script for Jonathan, the presenter, to lead in with and then the questions he would be asking. It was pretty cool hearing the words I’d written go live on air on only my third day. Sitting with producer Jo in the studio for the second hour of the program, I answered phones to callers with requests, traffic updates and some fairly hilarious stories – which for the sake of maintaining their dignity,  I won’t go into. Oh, and I featured in the program elsewhere when Jonathan told the story of how I’d been misunderstood when I tried to ask for jam on my French exchange and accidentally asked for a condom instead!

I love local radio. Today's breakfast show featured an 81 year old who'd been banned from her cricket club for allegedly chasing children off the pitch! Ferrets, old ladies...I wonder what's coming next...

8 comments:

Aristide Spies said...

Hello Tamsin,

Quels périples, quelles aventures, wouaw ! Bonne chance aussi avec la télé et à bientôt, Aristide

raph_el said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
raph_el said...

Hello Tamsin, how can I contact you? I've tried your email at bas.ac.uk but it returned to me as "undeliverable".

fareeda mahmoud said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fareeda mahmoud said...


شركة تنظيف شقق بالمدينة المنورة
شركة تنظيف فلل بالمدينة المنورة
مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة
تسليك مجاري بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجارى بالدمام
شركة تخزين اثاث بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تسليك مجاري بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالدمام

fareeda mahmoud said...


شركة تنظيف خزانات بالمدينة المنورة
شركة كشف تسربات المياه
مكافحة حشرات بالمدينة المنورة
تنظيف خزانات بجدة
شركة تنظيف منازل بجدة
شركة تنظيف فلل بجدة
كشف تسربات المياة بجدة

fareeda mahmoud said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fareeda mahmoud said...


شركة تنظيف فلل بجدة

شركة تنظيف بجدة
شركة تنظيف فلل برأس تنورة
شركة مكافحة حشرات ورش مبيدات برأس تنورة
شركة تسليك مجاري برأس تنورة
كشف تسربات المياه بالدمام
شركة مكافحة حشرات ورش مبيدات بضرما
شركة تنظيف بالخرج
شركة تسليك مجاري برأس التنورة
شركة عزل أسطح بالمجمعة